Open Access Publication Funds
- You are a researcher at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen as well as the primary author (or corresponding or submitting author) of the publication.
- You are publishing in a 100% open-access journal. The Directory of Open-Access Journals (DOAJ) lists such publications.
- The journals has a documented and discipline specific refereeing process (e. g. peer review) to ensure the quality of published articles
- Authors are requested to state that they are receiving funding from the DFG and the Georg-August-University Göttingen.
What do you need to do to receive funding?
Your article was accepted by the publisher and will be published shortly.
- You receive an invoice from the publisher for publishing fees. Publishers which have signed a cooperation with the SUB Göttingen are not included in this group.
- Simply send us the invoice if the above requirements have been met.
- Payment will be made by the SUB Göttingen from its publication fund.
Your article has been published and you have already paid the article fee.
- Send us a copy of the invoice if the above requirements have been fulfilled.
- Payment from the publication fund will take place via an internal cost reconciliation between your institution and the SUB Göttingen.
Why didn’t I receive an invoice?
Some open-access publications which meet the above-mentioned criteria have made an entered into an agreement with the SUB Göttingen. In these cases, the cost of publishing an article is automatically paid for by the SUB Göttingen. There is no need for further action by the author.
Payment is negotiated directly between the publisher and the SUB Göttingen.
This is the case for the following publishers:
- BioMed Central
- Copernicus Publications
- New Journal of Physics
- Nucleic Acids Research
- Public Library of Science (PLOS)
Please note: Besides the above agreements, the SUB Göttingen has a separate agreement in place with Springer Science and Business+Media (Springer SBM). Under the terms of this cooperation all articles by primary authors at the Göttingen University will be published as open-access articles on a no cost basis in all journals which offer the Open-Choice option.
More detailed information on the open-access publication fund can be found here.